Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Read/Write Web and Blogs

Well, I am overwhelmed at this moment! I have learned that there are weblogs (blogs), wikis, RSS feeds, aggregators, social bookmarking and podcasting! Of course, there is much more such as twitter that we are not even addressing yet.

Chapter 1 of our textbook, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms, explains the Read/Write Web.

I believe there are going to be multiple ways that we (teachers in our school) can use these different tools. The trick is to "go slow, to go fast" as a former administrator used to say. Since I am starting out as a toddler, I will try not to stumble too many times but I realize that will be part of the learning.

I just looked up Will Richardson's blog site.
http://weblogg-ed.com/
I believe I will learn a lot by spending a few minutes browsing his site.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Chapter 5 and 6 started out easy enough but I quickly felt a little overwhelmed. A toddler is a good way to describe this. I think this is very useful info., just need to ease in apparently. Hopefully we can really put these tools into practice.

    ReplyDelete